I did both of that. It did not work with the .iwd and when I remove streamed from type, i get my original error: "alias amb_dub sound mp_mymapname/myfile.wav played as an ambient/music track is not streamed; type must be streamed"
In that case, you are forced to create an IWD file for your map:
1. Create a new IWD file. If you are unsure how to do this, the easiest way to get one is to download any custom map and rename the IWD file that comes with it. Simply right click on the IWD file, and left click on "rename".
2. If you are using the method described in 1 where you rename someone else's IWD file, open the IWD file with a compressed file handler like WinRar (free to download and use). Delete everything inside the IWD file except the "sound" folder if it has one.
3. Make sure the IWD file is named EXACTLY the same as your map name.
4. Your ambient sound file must go into a folder inside the IWD file named "sound". If your IWD file doesn't already have one (see 2 above), create a new folder on your Windows desktop and name it "sound". Then, open your IWD file, and drag and drop the "sound" folder into it. Now, open the "sound" folder and drag and drop your ambient sound file into it.
5. Now, if your COD4 install doesn't already have one, create a new folder named "usermaps". This should be in the root install, next to the "mods" folder and the "main" folder.
6. Open the "usermaps" folder and create another new folder and name it EXACTLY the same as your map's name.
7. Drag and drop your new IWD file (complete with sound file in it) into this new folder named after your map.
8. Drag and drop your map's .FF file into this new folder named after your map.
9. Your folder inside the "usermaps" folder should now have 2 files in it:
10. Now, fire up COD4 from the multiplayer executable. On the main menu there is a button for "mods". Click it and choose a mod. By default there should be at least two if you don't have any others installed. The default ones are: 1) modwarfare; 2) userMaps. Choose any one of these and click "ok". The game will now switch to the mod's "main menu".
11. Once on the mod's "main menu", drop down console and type:
NB: don't forget the forward slash. It wont boot into your map unless you have the forward slash there.
12. The game should boot into your map successfully. If it doesn't, post back with any error messages and we can help you from there.