As some of you didnt notice I released my CoD4MoD in the general section, here is a repost from that thread:
- Stun grenades
- Smoke grenades killcam bug fixed
- Knifing on meleebutton
- Guid-based account system
- Fallback account system when guid==0 (Login/password)
- Working C4+throwing c4
- Working setcandamage system
- Shooting through walls
- Shooting through multiple walls in a row
- Modified callbacksetup/callbackcatcher to make the mod compatible with all stock gametypes
- Dynamical menu to reduce the number of menu files needed, and give a rank-based weaponchooser
- CoD4 style score +hud
- Throwing back grenades working with the [grenade] key
- Completely rewritten weaponpickup system to support sprinting and perks
- Categorized huds, easy to expand
- Special grenades x3
- RPG x2
- Frag x3
- Stopping power
- Sleight of hand
- Double tap
- Sonic boom
- Commando (bigger melee radius)
- Extreme conditioning
- Deep impact
- Toss back (reset grenade counter)
- Grenade launcher script is ready, the m1014 acts as a grenadelauncher
- Sentry gun
- Only a few threads running per player to improve server performance
- Account system is reported to lose playerdata sometimes. Cannot figure out why this happens, also, cannot reproduce.
- Afk monitor has a few bugs
- c4 throw executes a toggleads, making players using "just" ads zoom in and get the weapon to bug. Solution: Make the c4 thing into a weapon and force-reload it after every throw. Reload resets the ads status for both ads and toggleads players.
- Callbackcatcher became a mess after implementing all the menus in there
- Dynamic menu sometimes overloads the setclientcvar function causing a server command overflow: most common on slow connections. Fix: click slower in menus or get a better connection
- Money has no purpose yet. It needs a shop or it needs to be removed.
- Menus are awfully made: one menu file for everything is NOT the way to go guys!
- Not all perks are implemented to the same degree of perfection:
- C4 currently has a limit of 1000 c4 per player per spawn. This can easily be fixed by adjusting a single number
- RPG is currently a panzerschreck. Fix: create a new gun
- Juggernaut does not show the attacker the juggernaut hud like in cod4
- Sonic boom does not yet work for the RPG or any rocketlauncher (not sure about the grenadelauncher)
- The last 3 weapons in the menu are bugged due too over-precaching. Too much weapons precached. Remove some weapons you dont like.
- Some other small details on some weapons, like the grenadelauncher still firing shotgun bullets (doesnt do any damage though)
- Grenadelauncher killicon missing
- Sentry gun is placed setting a serversided cvar (set scr_enablesentrys 1), after every player can bash to place a sentry gun. Limiting is a good option here.
- A lot of bugs in the zombie gametype. Also, you cannot run the original and the zombie-version of the mod simultaneously.
- Some other bugs I might have forgotten.
Thanks to the following people:
- TotalConversion for the guns/models
- Caspi for creating some more models
- MasterThomy for being a great guide in the scripting parts
- MasterThomy for just being an awesome guy
- Whoever wrote the original getstance() function: I still use it (all other scripts in there are from my own keyboard)
- SevenSniff for creating a knife model/weapon
- SevenZ for pointing out an error in above credit :)
- Rezil for "Moral Support"
- Rezil for stopping bitching about not being on this list
Movies from the mod:
Download: click here
You can post any other bugs you find here. However, I will most likely never fix them.