Login x
User Name:
Password:
Social Links Facebook Twitter YouTube Steam RSS News Feeds
Watch MODSonair

Members Online

»
0 Active | 48 Guests
Online:

LATEST FORUM THREADS

»
SOF2 Prefabs map
SoFII Mapping
coduo mapping tools
CoDUO Mapping
Gaming
Q4 General
eXtreme+ v2.9
CoDBO Map + Mod Releases

Forums

»

Welcome to the MODSonline.com forums. Looking for Frequently Asked Questions? Check out our FAQs section or search it out using the SEARCH link below. If you are new here, you may want to check out our rules and this great user's guide to the forums and the website.
For more mapping and modding information, see our Wiki: MODSonWiki.com

Jump To:
Forum: All Forums : MODSonline
Category: General
General chat.
Moderators: foyleman, Foxhound, Mystic, StrYdeR, batistablr, Welshy, DrBiggzz, supersword, playername
Latest Posts
Subscribed Posts
Search
Restricted Access Topic is Locked
Page
Next Page
subscribe
Author Topic: New Call of Duty To Premiere May 1
{GITS}TheCleaner
General Member
Since: Apr 8, 2012
Posts: 58
Last: Oct 4, 2013
[view latest posts]
Level 3
Category: General
Posted: Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 04:45 am
The next Call of Duty, highly likely to be Black Ops 2 from Treyarch, will debut on Tuesday, May 1, Activision's confirmed.

That's according to the redesigned CallofDuty.com, which promises a "world reveal" during the North American basketball playoffs on TV channel TNT.

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg has previously said of this year's Call of Duty: "This year we expect to further expand our presence with the launch of an all-new epic first-person shooter title under the Call of Duty brand. From what we've seen to date, the game already looks fantastic and will bring meaningful innovations to the franchise."

http://callofduty.com/
Share |
Tally
General Member
Since: Apr 21, 2005
Posts: 819
Last: Oct 26, 2012
[view latest posts]
Level 7
Category: General
Posted: Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 04:55 am
{GITS}TheCleaner writes...
Quote:
The next Call of Duty, highly likely to be Black Ops 2 from Treyarch, will debut on Tuesday, May 1, Activision's confirmed.

That's according to the redesigned CallofDuty.com, which promises a "world reveal" during the North American basketball playoffs on TV channel TNT.

Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg has previously said of this year's Call of Duty: "This year we expect to further expand our presence with the launch of an all-new epic first-person shooter title under the Call of Duty brand. From what we've seen to date, the game already looks fantastic and will bring meaningful innovations to the franchise."

http://callofduty.com/


Quote:
The next Call of Duty, highly likely to be Black Ops 2 from Treyarch, will debut on Tuesday, May 1, Activision's confirmed.


This is misleading. The next title is not due for release until November. It is the first REVEAL that will debut on May 1st.
Share |
novemberdobby
General Member
Since: Sep 17, 2006
Posts: 1965
Last: Oct 13, 2013
[view latest posts]
Level 8
Category: General
Posted: Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 06:17 am
Tally writes...
Quote:
This is misleading. The next title is not due for release until November. It is the first REVEAL that will debut on May 1st.


Seriously dude? The next sentence...

Quote:
That's according to the redesigned CallofDuty.com, which promises a "world reveal" during the North American basketball playoffs on TV channel TNT.
Share |
Tally
General Member
Since: Apr 21, 2005
Posts: 819
Last: Oct 26, 2012
[view latest posts]
Level 7
Category: General
Posted: Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 06:56 am
-- DELETED POST PER FORUM RULES --
Share |
zeroy
General Member
Since: Nov 26, 2007
Posts: 1060
Last: Mar 12, 2014
[view latest posts]
Level 8
Category: General
Posted: Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 07:00 am
{GITS}TheCleaner writes...
Quote:
The next Call of Duty, highly likely to be Black Ops 2 from Treyarch, will debut on Tuesday, May 1, Activision's confirmed.


Yep - proving that Activision's strategy starts right from the first teaser .... Of course its all getting a little "deja-vu" - i predict more cryptic stuff in May to keep the mouth dribbling (not mine though, seen that too many times).

My only concerns are around the amount of PC features this new iteration will provide - i wouldnt put money on Dedi files or tools this time around. Hope im wrong!
Share |
AFirstTImeMapMaker
General Member
Since: May 30, 2011
Posts: 214
Last: Oct 27, 2018
[view latest posts]
Level 4
Category: General
Posted: Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 08:26 am
I believe we are on a road where Treyarch can not go back and take out ded files.

I think from here on out it will be adding more things for the pc, hopefully not taking them out.
Share |
zeroy
General Member
Since: Nov 26, 2007
Posts: 1060
Last: Mar 12, 2014
[view latest posts]
Level 8
Category: General
Posted: Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 08:56 am
AFirstTImeMapMaker writes...
Quote:
I believe we are on a road where Treyarch can not go back and take out ded files.


Euh.... we didnt get Files for BlackOps! Gameservers.com exclusive remember!
Share |
AFirstTImeMapMaker
General Member
Since: May 30, 2011
Posts: 214
Last: Oct 27, 2018
[view latest posts]
Level 4
Category: General
Posted: Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2012 03:30 am
zeroy writes...
Quote:
AFirstTImeMapMaker writes...
Quote:
I believe we are on a road where Treyarch can not go back and take out ded files.


Euh.... we didnt get Files for BlackOps! Gameservers.com exclusive remember!


Well, thats true, but then MW3 gave us dedicated server files. It would be stupid if Black Ops 2 takes them away again.
Share |
zeroy
General Member
Since: Nov 26, 2007
Posts: 1060
Last: Mar 12, 2014
[view latest posts]
Level 8
Category: General
Posted: Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2012 04:26 am
AFirstTImeMapMaker writes...
Quote:

Well, thats true, but then MW3 gave us dedicated server files. It would be stupid if Black Ops 2 takes them away again.


Oh yes but history tells us IW and Treyarch do their own thing.... MW3 did not go with exclu with GS but Im predicting BlackOps 2 will....

And of course let's not forget COD Elite 2.0 which could put some more spanners in the works - If they remember PC gamers do exist that is!
Share |
AFirstTImeMapMaker
General Member
Since: May 30, 2011
Posts: 214
Last: Oct 27, 2018
[view latest posts]
Level 4
Category: General
Posted: Tuesday, Apr. 24, 2012 08:20 am
Only thing I hope is that Activison loses the court case on May 7th.

This will take away the Call of Duty brand from them, Treyarch nor Infinity Ward need to make any Call of Duty games anymore.

These studios are all killing the COD brand very slowly.
Share |
Restricted Access Topic is Locked
Page
Next Page
subscribe
MODSonline.com Forums : MODSonline : General

Latest Syndicated News

»
Codutility.com up and runn...
Nice, and there still using the logo and template for the screenshots, which...
Codutility.com up and runn...
dundy writes...Quote:Call of Duty modding and mapping is barly alive only a ...
Codutility.com up and runn...
Mystic writes...Quote:It seems to me the like the site is completely dead? ...
Codutility.com up and runn...
It seems to me the like the site is completely dead?

Partners & Friends

»