Being a mapper i seemed like a challege..
As a player..it,s to much of a run and gun game..
At same server it looks like a ADHD game...
Would like to see more UO style maps where you could walk
around before you got killed..just my two cents
First of all Congratulations on the job!!
I'm a mapper as well.
This is pretty much my thoughts exactly. I thought the game was worth only a shot through Single Player. Multiplayer was simply boring due to constant fast paced running and gunning games.
1. Why is the Multiplayer game built around run and gunning? There are absolutely NO stock, server side options to stop running and gunning or spawn protection. This is a big deal. I feel the game is built around console players. Give players options to be a Tactical Server.
2. You can build bigger maps, because I do it. The maps have no moving parts, no features, just the map. Give the player some options in your maps to control parts of it. Even if it is moving doors, or secret places. It will make the maps have a longer shelf life. The only reason the stock maps make it, is because the console players only have stock maps to play on, it is all they know.
3. Single player is extremely one sided. Meaning... the player has no choices, no options, no separation from what the developer wants us to do as the player. Honestly, this is boring and it makes the game less valuable. I've only played the Single Player one time because of this reason. You give the player just ONE way to get to the end. The player must kill the wave of forces and then move onto the next wave or room filled with baddies. Hardly any flanking or tactical options. I feel like I'm NOT even in control. Wait, I'm not.
4. Game Audio could really use some work. Look at Battlefield Bad Company. They know how to make the audio experience exquisite. I feel like I'm shooting a pellet gun in all Call of Duty Games. The audio is simply terrible.
5. Animations could also use some help. I think the death animations of a player both MP and SP work and look really bad. Ragdoll is honestly one of the best effects you can do for death animations. Scripted deaths don't work well in changing environments. They get caught on things, and just look really bad.
6. Too little player customization. Players want to be in control of what they look like and who they are. Women play this game too. Why are there no Female models?? Females ARE in the military.
7. Zombies get's old really fast. I don't know what it is, but there is something lacking in the Zombie game.
1. Graphics are pretty good. This includes effects and so on. I would sacrifice some graphics for better audio.
2. Nice weapon selection and perks etc.
3. You have a great base, but the game itself needs so much work.
4. The story line is decent but nothing special.
Honestly, I can't say much of good things about this game because we haven't had a chance to do anything with it. Everyone knows that PC gamers want to customize their games, and if they can't do it, they don't want it. Think about that when you make your next game. If you want a game built for Console Gamers then don't even bother to release it for PC. PC gamers are a different breed of gamers.